Monday, September 29, 2008

Working from home....well sort of

Today, James my manager asked me to stay home and work on some excel spreadsheets as well as work on some more contracts. There are a ton of those. But the better variety I have the more I will be able to keep clients happy. So while sitting at home today, I decided to go across the street and talk to Robins' employer again because they had expressed some interest in getting some health insurance. So they asked me to come back after the lunch rush. So I went back at like 3 and gave my first presentation, man was I nervous. I have done many, many presentations, but this was my "first" with the new products. Well it turns out that I can save them $350 a month plus I added some benefits that they do not currently have with their current carrier. Then to top it off in casual conversation after they said they wanted to go with it, they said that they would be happy to give me referals of other small business owners that they know. A pretty productive day considering I worked from "home". I also got alot accomplished in the excel sreadsheet, James was very pleased with its progress. Not doing too bad with Excel considering I have had no formal training with it and I have taught myself via trial and error.

No comments: