Saturday, September 6, 2008

Volunteer Appreciation

Well lets start this off with some funny jokes! Jared and Christine were not there tonight and I think it had something to do with Jared being a Georgia Bulldog fan, he was probably mistaken when he heard "VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION NIGHT", he must've thought Tennessee was coming to town.

Okay on a more serious note. Tonight was awesome as usual at Center Pointe. It truly is a blessing for us to get to serve with all of these truly gifted and unique individuals. God is doing some wonderful things in this small group of people and we are happy to be a part of it.

The sanctuary was set up into what looked like a fancy resturant with all of the tables neatly set and candles lit on between every seat. The food was exceptional for being a carry in dinner from a rib place....hmmmmm, I love BBQ. It really was alot of fun and it is good to see that a church loves to give back. I love the certificates and the funny gifts and the picking Ray did on me, all in good fun.....I joked with Missy that Ray must read all of Diana's blogs thoroughly because she said something about my affection for candles some time back. He kept joking about it lol, and I really do have this weird obsession with candles. In fact I think I have picked out every candle in our house.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, we had plans tonight. We're sorry we missed it!

I have a candle obsession too! I am such a pyro.

Lisa said...

I think it's funny when Ray picks on you too!