Monday, September 1, 2008

The Ultimate Encourager!

A few years ago, I was struggling with my "path". My mother had advised me to read Proverbs once a day because there are 31 of them and she challenged me to apply the concepts I read into my daily life. I had not been doing that for over a year and then a couple of weeks ago, Paul Peterson was at church and mentioned that we should read 1 Proverb a day and 5 Psalms, I confess I have been faithful in reading the Proverbs but not the Psalms. Last night I came home and needed a little extra "God" encouragement, I had kind of been hard on my wife the last few days, even though she is the most spectacular, faithful, extraordinary woman I have ever met. Wether I have told her or not she had exceeded ever expectation as a wife that I could have ever asked for and I know that her strength in putting up with me has got to come from God. So Last night we get home and I start to read Proverbs 31 from "The Message" and it was like I was supposed to read it and of course I really was supposed to read it. It really spoke to me about my wife and I went in to apologize to her, but she was still a little upset with me so I had to wait until this morning!

But if you need encouragement and you are not reading your Bibles on a daily basis, I offer this advice, get plugged in to a Small Group, hang out with friends from church, get as close to people who love God with all of their heart and be blessed by them as much as possible, let their light shine through to you, it will encourage you.

No comments: