Sunday, August 17, 2008

A wild end to a great day!

My day started out awesome, Up early getting ready for church. I was in an awesome mood this morning I knew today was going to be a great day. Left for church got their a few minutes early, worship was awesome, Ray's message was phenomenal as always. Went to the CPFL football draft had an awesome time there annoying Chris...lol. Then we ran home to do a couple of things then back down to Danny and Sarah's house for Small Groups. Tonight was the first time I had ever played the guitar in front of anyone with the exception of my family, I think it went well! Nobody left and no dogs were howling outside. Small Groups was fun as always, we had a nice surprise...Ray and Melissa showed up. Then the wild part started, we went home! After we got home I called my cousin Brent back who I had put off because of all the days activities, and started talking to him about his mom (Betty Curtis). He was just blasting God saying there was no God and pretty much saying anything he could in blasphemy. I was as polite as I could be and just told him that I loved him and that I was praying that God would change his heart, I guess this pissed him off somehow. Then we got on the subject of his mom and her cancer and he is blaming the doctor who is a christian for his mothers condition. I told him that maybe Betty had done what God had called her to do and maybe it was her time to go to heaven, he got more mad and said that's just something Christians just say to make their selves feel better! Like we don't still hurt when we lose a loved one! He should know he was as close to my dad as I was 17 years ago! I told him that I too once blamed God and my eyes are finally open to His majestic presence! Then he had to go and talk about my momma! He started off by calling my mom a liar because she had said that Betty had gotten better. This just irked me like no other, my Mom cares for Betty like no other! They are sisters after all and why would my Mom do anything to put someone she cares so much about in jeopardy. I wish God would smack him right across the face and knock some sense into him before I have to do it again!

1 comment:

Ray Brock said...

Brother, first off - YOU ROCK! You are a definite blessing as my friend and a ministry partner. Let the words roll off your back and understand that they are spoken out of hurt and confusion. Those words are not personal... NOW, Keep on praying until there are results one way or another and then be ready to accept God's will, as it is perfect. I promise to continue to pray for you and all concerned, especially your Aunt Betty.