Saturday, August 9, 2008

New book and a crazy dream!

I started re-reading Joel Osteen's book "Your Best Life Now". Man God sure has put a positive spirit in this man. He talks of expecting God to do more, and not only in your spiritual life, but every aspect. If you set goals of mediocrity that's just what you will get, but if you set your goals on God sized goals, that is what you will get. It makes alot of sense. Anyways, I have really been battling with a few things in my life and employment just happens to be at the top of the list, but recently I have had a few unipue opportunitys come and go and then some other promising ones kinda fizzle from a better view! But, the one job I have had my eye on for a few months now is standing strong, but there are some downsides like the thought of going back to 100% commission. A few others that are no where near as big as that. So this afternoon I laid down to take a nap, and I had this really crazy dream. We (my family and I) were in the back of a big SUV (which we do not currently own) and a huge cloud of tornados in a perfect line like they were standing at attention. There were quite a few of them and the just came along and took us up and the last thing I remember was asking if we were in heaven! It's kjnd of crazy how things work out, but I was reading that book yesterday and it is talking about stepping out in God's name believing His favor and taking faith in His name. I woke up really groggy and a little confused as I went to the rest room, I thought to myself...can it really be that easy. This insurance firm that I am going to go to work with has many different companies (the funnels maybe) and the pay is supposed to be very exceptional (thea heaven maybe), I know God will give us everything that we need and I need this! I need to feel like I am providing for my family, I need to feel like I am giving my all to church and this will give me both feelings and the time to do both! Please pray for the Holy Spirit to just wash over me and make this an even easier decision than it seeming like it will be already! I choose to believe that God has great (not good) things in store for me and my family!

No comments: