Friday, August 29, 2008

Finally!!

Today I am meeting with James Humphries regarding the insurance job that I have been wanting. I am riding with him to a few appointments and we will see how they go. I am still not sure if we are training or if this is just a "come with me and see if you like it" day. I am eager to see how things are done and I love learning new things and the income potential is what ever I want to make out of it. If I want to make 150K a year it is in my hands. I want more than that though I want to be blessed by God and be able to bless His people in return, while living comfortable. I do not believe that God wants His people to live or settle on mediocrity. I have a great desire to succeed in the insurance industry and I have seen the benefits of not only being in this industry but from working hard and being persistent at it! Fourteen years ago I loved in Florida with my Uncle Ron. He had been working hard for awhile and loved in a modest 3 bedroom home which is all he and his wife Sally really needed. Two years ago he and his wife owned 5 Auto insurance offices and he managed another one for Nationwide. He sold all of them but the most profitable and then he moved to Georgia and he bought a home and paid cash for it, but more importantly are all of the ministries that he supports. He helps support over 20 different ministries at Idlewild Baptist Church in Tampa, Florida (the same church that Tony Dungy of the Indianapolis Colts attends as well as many of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers). I know that God has put this opportunity in my path for a reason and I am going to seize the moment and make this happen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope it goes well!

Scott Smith said...

It will, this I am sure of!