Friday, August 15, 2008

Two Mouths and One Ear!

I went to the grocery a little while ago and as I was driving home I saw one of those church signs with a funny saying on it! It instantly made me think of Ray. It read "If God wanted us to speak more and listen less He would've given us two mouths and only one ear!" Ok before you think that I am saying that Ray speaks way too much, you are right......just kidding. I was actually thinking about how he was such a good listener, on one of the VBS nights I was having a pretty bad day/night I kinda blew up and vented to Ray and he was feeling awful on his own fighting pneumonia. I just kept going on and on about my problems and he just listened...finally after we pulled back into the church he offered what had been some of the best advice I have ever received. Then last Sunday I was battling with some past issues that have been kind of haunting me again lately, I admit I was slightly distracted from worship and life in general and Ray came over and prayed for me. Later that evening Ray and I were talking and he told me that God had told him to come and pray for me. At first I felt like it had distracted me a little more, but as I reflected on it I knew that God had sent him to do that. Ray, I love your obedience and I love that you are an awesome listener, Thank You brother. If you have a similar story with Ray or anyone else please share it, these are testimonial blessings.

1 comment:

Diana Smith said...

I remember the first time someone ever just walked up and prayed for me. It was Trudy and I had just started going to Dove with you. It was one of those sermons that just touched me and I really needed to be prayed for. She told me that God told her to pray for me and I told her why. Thank you Hubby for sharing your story!