Friday, July 4, 2008

Small Group Plans!

Well we didn't have alot of plans for the 4th of July and evidently neither did Danny and Sarah Simpson. So we set aside some time today for God and we got together to celebrate our independence and freedom in Him, by discussing our plans as a group for our Small Group that we are Co-leading, I gotta say out of all the couples that we have hung out with in the past Danny and Sarah are my favorites! I have almost as much of a man-crush on Danny as I do Adrian Peterson (of the Minnesota Vikings, Dan knows why!) and Matthew McConaughey...just kidding Dan! Anyways we had the opportunity to speak freely about God in a public place (Don't vote for Obama or that may not be happening for long). Isn't our Independence great! So we discussed out plans about our group and here are some of our ideas! Oh and BTW I will be posting a poll on some ideas for our group activities!

  1. Our first night we are all (as in Me, Diana, Danny and Sarah) going to give our testimonies! We are also going to have a very laid back time of fellowship a short remix and a Game Night, Diana and I have an awesome board game to bring! Kind of a get to know everyone a little better night!
  2. We are going to schedule a fun night once a month away from the host house (ideas welcome), kind of like how the Men's group meets in different places each month!
  3. We will have a sign up sheet for snacks so that we can alternate so the Hosts are doing everything on our own!
  4. We are also going to have a sign-up sheet for SERVICE...I mean helping people in the church or their immediate families that may not attend CP that have had babies, or surgery and may not be able to do as much as the normally can!
  5. We are working up some ideas for community Outreach! I have already cleared a Car Wash through Ray to collect money for the Church's Benevolent Fund. This will be coming soon, and the church gave out $200 a few weeks ago to a needy family and we want to bless God by returning that to our church to help others in the future!
  6. We need a phone/email list of the people who know that they will be attending our Small Group! If your read my blog my email is reddog45107@yahoo.com you can email it to me anytime or you can call me @ (937) 603-4599
  7. We are going to have an in group prayer chain! We want dedicated people who will call one another to pray for our wonderful church and for our awesome leadership team! I am sure that everyone of us says a little prayer for Ray every day, but I'm also sure he can use all the prayer he can get seeing as how Satan is always attacking him and his servitude for the Lord!

We love you all and we are all really excited about the small groups and the opportunity to grow together towards God!

No comments: