Monday, July 28, 2008

Small Group at the Simpsons

Last night we had our first of many successful small group meetings. We had a ton of awesome food (Sarah's mom made an awesome cheesecake) and (my lasagna was a hit too or so I heard). We had a great time getting to know people in our group even more. The teens sat in with the adults and listened to Dan and I give our testimonies. I learned alot about Dan that I didn't know and it helped me understand more of where he is with his walk with God and that is a truly amazing place to be, to see how much of a heart of service that he and Sarah both have is a real blessing! I got to share my testimony as well and it was the first time that I had the oppourtunity to do so since my return to my walk with Christ and it felt amazing. Jared and I talked a ton more college football and he and I could talk NCAA for hours. I honestly think aside from the food that my favorite part of the night was the prayer at the end, we had some unique special prayer requests and we laid hands on Dan and prayed for his surgery that he is getting right now. All in all it was a great night of food, family, fellowship, and fun!

4 comments:

Ray Brock said...

I wish I had been there. It sounds like a powerful and enjoyable time.

Unknown said...

It was a great night!

John said...

You all are totally awesome! Way to go!

Diana Smith said...

Maybe Ray and John could make it out to our next group!!!