Thursday, July 3, 2008

BIG DADDY WEAVE CONCERT!!



Wow what an amazing performance, I thought they were as good as Matt Redman and he is my favorite artist! We made the drive to Hillsboro despite the threat of rain, and I had prayed earlier that God would hold off the rain until after the show, guess he heard my cry for help! The rain held off until 10 minutes or so after we got into the car! They played all of my favorites plus a few other peoples hits it was truly amazing. "Every Time I breathe" was so awesome and is my favorite song by them, and they performed a new one that is very exceptional off their new album that comes out July 22nd, get it you wont regret it. At one point during "Fields of Grace" "Big Daddy Mike" their lead singer said this was his favorite part and it instantly made me think of Pastor Ray "There's a place where religion finally dies" and the next line in the song is my favorite "There's a place where I lose my selfish pride". I have to tell you that it was a privilege to see the band perform it in person but Chris Wall and the CP Orchestra can bang it out pretty close to as well as the band that wrote the song! A couple other highlights of the night was getting to see my cousin David, his wife Michelle and two of their kids, we ran into them, had no idea they would be there and sat with and worshiped God with them it was pretty awesome, and on top of that we ran into Jeff Meyer and his family from our old church Dove and found out that they had planted a new church in Hillsboro and were still attending Dove like once a month! But the most amazing thing of the night was getting to enjoy the music with my wife!


1 comment:

Diana Smith said...

It was a blast! I am glad the rain stopped and we were able to go. I wish we would have stuck around a few minutes longer to meet them!