Saturday, May 24, 2008

Something I wanted to share with my new family

This is an email that I had sent Dave Hinman who is an elder at our old church as well as one of the greatest men I have ever known. He has a wonderful heart for God and would do absolutely anything for anyone. He truly has been and will continue to be an awesome fixture in my life. I love him like a father and he knows it!
Email
Hey guys, I really miss you and your wonderful family. Diana and I were talking about coming up to visit but we just cannot tear ourselves away from our church! We are so happy there. We are actually considering leading a small group which will be awesome! I have been absolutely on FIRE since we started going here (well after I got past a couple of things that Satan was using against me, like leaving Dove)...God has been speaking to me alot lately about His plan for me and that he has a unipue plan for everyone and He is preparing me to speak about it, not sure when but when He is ready I will be too! I have been in the Word alot lately researching not only what he has been telling me to but other things as well! I also have gotten back to writing some songs and I also started a blog as well Diana has also! Give Racheal a big hug and a kiss for me ......I really miss her (tears forming). Dave maybe we can all get together for breakfast on a Saturday that you have available. I also wanted to let you know (cause I know you had been praying for it) I found an awesome driving job that is the kind of money I was looking for and HOME EVERY NIGHT! God ANSWERS PRAYERS :-). We so want to be a bigger part of Center Pointe and I know that God put us there for a reason. God has been so awesome, it seems like He is moving in a huge way in my life, my marriage, my kids life, my familys life, our church, our hearts, and everyone we run into. Diana invited friends of hers from work to church and they are coming back again which is another blessing. God has just been very good as He always is. One more thing before I go this is a link to my blog feel free to get on here and post comments and keep up with the Smiths! http://proudlyservingchristmyking.blogspot.com/ Dianas' is http://smithdiana.blogspot.com/ We Love you guys and miss you terribly, Scott
A Little Background
Dave and I have known each other since I was about 4, He and his wife (Robin) attented the same church as my parents and instantly he and my dad became friends and even though my family had changed churches a few times when I was 15 we ended up at Wilmington Fellowship Christian Church (formerly known as Christian Community Church ...where The Hinmans and the Smiths used to attend together) later to be called Dove. Our paths had crossed again and now we were going to church with the Hinmans again. Little did I know how much God planned to bless not only me but my new wife through them. In 1991 at age 40 my dad passed away from a massive heart attack. To say the least I was destroyed not only mentally but spiritually, my walk with Christ had been fading as a teenager age 17 hanging around with negative influences. Dave did absolutely everything he could do to reach out to me, all I had to do was call him or her would call me and say lets meet at Taco Bell for luch or the Little Giant for breakfast and BOOM we were there, and he would listen with an open mind as Dave always does and to this day I don't know if he knows how much he has BLESSED MY SOCKS OFF.

It wasn't until 11 years later (and many sin filled unhappy years) that I would meet my beautiful wife Diana and that we would start to grow together toward God. The awesome thing about this is that I hadn't attended church in probably 6 or 7 years (I had kept in touch with a select few). So we started attending Dove again and this time I knew I wasn't leaving (lol). Diana and got engaged a few months later and had asked Dave to perform the ceremony and he whole hearted accepted, He and Robin spent quite a few evenings counseling us and helping us to understand where God stands on a marriage. They are just two of the (my new word) AWESOMEST people you will ever meet. I cannot wait until they come to visit at CP. I know that they will love everyone there as we do! I thank God everyday for them being a part of my life and the impact they have had on my wife is even more awesome. She knows now through me and the group of people at Dove and also CP that you can truly be accepted by people through Jesus no matter what the pending circumstances are. Both Diana and I have had kind of a rough non-christian young adulthood which led to us doing things that put us through more struggles than it had helped. But God being the big God that He is has driven, pushed, pulled, dragged, carried and loved us through each hardship. Even when we aren't looking for Him or walking with Him, He is always right there. Leads me to two of the most AWESOMEST songs, If you haven't heard them check em out! Jeremy Camp "Right Here" and David Crowder Band "Never Let Go". Because He indeed never lets GO.

Ray this is for you (in my best Darth Vader voice) "Indeed you are powerful as OUR Emporer has forseen"

1 comment:

Diana Smith said...

I miss them so much! God blessed us more than we even know when he brought Dave and Robin into our lives.